REMEMBER: Below Are 361+ Really Cute Nicknames for Guys! Never Run Out of Pet Name Ideas EVER! These Tips Helped Over 692,000 Readers of AWESOROO!
Do you and your guy love calling each other cute nicknames or pet names? If you’re tired of using the same ones and want something new and creative to call him, we have the ultimate list of really cute nicknames for guys!
By the way:
If you want to check out great nicknames for girls, read this: 150+ Really Cute Nicknames for Girls
COOL & STYLISH NICKNAMES FOR HIM
Hawk – Hawk is someone strong, cool and brave.
Dred – Mr. Dredd, strong, loyal and awesome.
Dancing Madman – Cool as a Madman, you know that ONE!
Dangle – There is nothing wrong with Dangle, but it’s kinda meh.
Jigsaw – Like a Jigsaw from the SAW movies.
Knuckles – He is strong and powerful like a Peaky Blinder!
Cereal Killer – This man can eat all of the cereal in one go!
Brainiac – He has a smart brain, like a Brainiac!
Mad Jack – Jack Sparrow was super cool but super MAD!
Roadblock – Nobody can run over this cool guy, nobody.
Champ – This guy is Champion. The name may stick to him forever.
Cool – Right nickname to call a cool guy.
Vegas – What happen in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right?
Macho – This hombre has no problem with ladies.
Ace – Powerful, smart, educated and super cool!
Papa Smurf – Now this one is super infantile but really stylish.
Alpha – We all know alpha males, right?
Judge – Judge, like a strong, loyal and law obeying citizen.
Take Away – You spend lots of time together.
Sleepwalker – This man looks like he is stoned all the time.
CUTE PET NAMES FOR HIM
Good Lookin – Old school (but cute) pet name that will get the job done.
Cutiepie – Cute + pie = cutness overloaded!
Cuddly Bear – For a guy who loves to cuddle all the time.
Wonderful – Good old classic nickname for him that will say how you adore him.
Everything – A name that says he is everything for you.
KissyFace – Perfect for a guy whose kisses are irresistible.
Knight in Shining Armor – A classic nickname that every man will love.
Gum Drop – A super cute name that looks like something right out of middle school.
Hunny / Hun / Hun Bun – A simple, classic and cute way to call your guy.
Pumpkin – I do not know a person who would not like to be called a “pumpkin”. It is just too adorable to not like it.
Puppy / Pup – Because he is as cute as a little puppy.
Snuggy / Snuggles – Does he love to cuddle ith you all the time? Then look no further.
Teddy / Teddy Bear – Perfect for a man who is big and soft.
Dimples – If he has irresistible dimples in his cheeks.
Sunshine – Cute way to tell him that he lightens up your day.
Bumblebee – Is you guy hardworking and incredibly cute? Then call him “Bumblebee”.
Bunbuns – Very cute way to call him anytime.
Twinkle – Cute nickname for him to make him smile.
Apple – Ideal for a sweet and tender person.
Baby / Babe / Baby Face – A very common pet names for men who have a cute baby appeal.
Angel – Excellent way to tell him how sweet and cute he is to you.
Adorable – Simply because he is adorable and cute.
Darling – Ideal way to call him when the two of you are alone.
Boo / Boobear – Super-cute name that can be used anytime.
BooBoo – If he is the one who gives the kisses on all your booboos then you have a perfect pet name here.
Cute Pants – He is so cute even when he wears his pants.
Fruit Loops – Perfect for a guy who is always sweet and a little bit crazy.
Heart Throb – A special pet name for a guy who always increases your heart beat.
Panda Bear – Who does not love panda bear? It is so sweet and rare just like him.
Button – Is he small but cute? Then you have a perfect nickname for him.
FUNNY NICKNAMES FOR A GUY
Funny Hunny – Dating the class clown? This is the pet name for you.
Monkey – A perfect name for a cheeky and playful dude.
Nutty – It’s cute because we’re all a little nutty sometimes!
Quackers – Perfect for a man who’s cute, but a little weird.
Spanky – You want to spank his ass!
Obi-Wan – This is great for Star Wars fan!
Wonka – Like a Wonka from the Chocolate Factory.
Bagel – You really really really like him.
Spongebob – We all know funny SpongeBob, don’t we?
Big Mac – He is big like a Mac, like a BIG MAC!
Big Stinky Pete – Now this one needs nothing else to write down.
Frodo – He needs to destroy the One Ring to Rule them All!
Alf – Like a little weird alien.
Wreck-It Ralph – He wants to destroy everything.
Toastmaster – He knows how to speak in every situation.
Girth – Ehm, ladies?
Taco – Mexicans really like tacos, am I right?
God Zilla – Big and wants to destroy everything!
Bob Zombie – He wants to eat your brains!
Dirty Bird – This guy says always dirty things.
SWEET PET NAMES FOR HIM
Eye Candy – Because when you see his eyes, you always have a taste for something sweet.
Baby Cakes – If a baby is too common, baby cakes will do the trick.
Yummers / Yummy / YumYum – Because he is just so damn yummy.
Honey Bunny – Is he cute, fluffy and soft? Then he will love this one.
Honey / Honey Bunch – A classic pet name for a classic guy.
Honey Bear – He is big and sweet. He is simply a “Honey Bear”.
Hot Chocolate – Just because everyone loves hot chocolate.
Jelly / Jelly Bear / Jelly Bean – This one is sweetness overloaded. Trust me he will love it (unless he is fat).
Marshmallow – Soft guy with a super-sweet heart.
Oreo – Because he is as delicious as those sweet cookies, Oreos!
Pancakes – Just because he loves pancakes it does not mean that he is sweet. But we all know he is!
Pudding Pop / Pudding Pie – This one is just as sweet as a little meowing kitten. My teeth hurt.
Sweetie / Sweetums / Sweetness – Perfect for a man with sweet face and kind heart.
Suga / Sugar / Sugary – Another classic that will make him smile.
Muffin – Everyone loves muffins and he will love this nickname.
Peach / PeachyPie – Who does not love delicious peaches?
Cupcake / Cuppycakers – There’s nothing sweeter than your cupcake-loving guy.
Chocoboy – Incredibly cute pet name.
Sweet Potato – Because he is a very sweet couch-potato.
Sugar Lips / Sugar Cube – Perfect for a guy who has irresistible lips.
Pookie Bear / Snookie Bear – Is he big and soft? Do you love to poke him or cuddle with him? Then look no further.
Snookums – So sweet pet name that it makes my teeth hurt.
Nightlight – Because he brings you light even when everything else is dark.
Winkie – Perfect for super-adorable man.
Wonder Boy – Because there is nothing he will not do for you.
Cuddle Cakes – Isn´t this one perfect? Cuddles and a cake seem like a perfect day.
Candy – Simple and sweet pet name for a cute guy.
Doodle Bug – Everyone loves such a cute and sweet bug.
Dearie – Because he is dear to you and miraculous as a faerie!
Giggles – He will always smile when you will call him this sweet nickname.
MASCULINE, STRONG & MANLY NICKNAMES
Heisenberg – Perfect for a badass guy who is as clever and cunning as he is strong.
Volcano – Ideal nickname for a guy who hides his strength deep inside him.
Hulk – For a guy who mas huge muscle mass.
Hammer – He has incredibly strong hands that can bend anything.
Colossus – Because he is your world wonder. Muscle everywhere!
Stallion – Perfect for that masculine, powerful and passionate guy.
Angus – One who is incredibly strong.
Big Guy – Any man will love this masculine nickname (unless he is really small).
Hercules – Self-explanatory pet name for a man who can lift mountains for you.
Iron Man – Because he is cocky, funny and incredibly strong.
Knockout – Intimidating nickname for his ability to knock out each and every one around you in a jiffy.
Knight – Because he will always fight for your honor.
Bad Boy – A teasing nickname that every guy loves to hear.
Chief – Because he is the dominating one who decides on everything.
Cowboy – The right name for a strong dude with rough manners.
Captain – Aye, aye, captain! This one shows respect and admiration.
Jock / Jockey – For a manly guy who loves sports.
Tiger – Because he is your beast of prey who protects you all the time.
Tough Guy – Because there is nothing that will break him.
Rock Star / Super Star – For a manly guy who lives under the motto: Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll.
Superman – Because he is strong and perfect in everything.
A wonderful nickname that can really make him act like a Super Man. He will be your real Super Man.
Tarzan – Perfect for a hairy and strong guy who has a heart in the right place.
Ultimate – Because he has authority, willpower, and responsibility
Yankee – Perfect choice for a guy who is a baseball lover.
Viking – Because he is a natural fighter with a lot of facial hair.
Dare Devil / Daredevil / Devil – For a guy who is dangerous and loves a challenge.
Zorro – A classic pet name for a man who fights in a shady way for a good cause.
Daddy / Big Daddy / Big Pappa – Some guys just love to be called this way. It shows respect, love, and loyalty.
Invincible – He is so strong that no one can stop him in what he does.
Popeye – Just because he has huge biceps and loves spinach.
NICKNAMES FOR A BOYFRIEND
Key to My Life – Is he the one that holds the key to your heart?
Everything – Simply because he is everything you ever wanted.
Hot Buns – He will love any pet name that includes a hot word. Trust me.
Other Half – Perfect for a guy ho completes your life.
My Love – A classic name for a love of your life.
Kissy Face – Because he has a face you can not stop kissing.
Love Muffin – Simply because you love that guy.
Love – Simple, cute and self-explanatory.
The Love of My Life – A highly romantic nickname to call your loved one.
Soul Mate / Soulmate – Because you two are meant to be together.
My Prince – hile it may be a cheesy one men always love to be called this way.
One and Only – A classic and romantic nickname for a man of your dreams.
Papi – This one is perfect for a guy who you love because he is a perfect father.
Darling – Straightforward pet name for a guy you love.
Favorite – Because he is your heart´s favorite.
Kissy Face – Use this one only hen you two are alone together. Trust me he will love it.
Wonderboy – Perfect for a guy who makes wonders for you.
Amante – This one means a “Lover” in Spanish. It is very sexy.
Dirty Boy – Is he the naughty one? Call him by this very sexy pet name in private.
Heart & Soul / H&S – Is he yours everything? Then call him “H&S” or “Hearth & Soul”.
SEXY PET NAMES FOR THAT HOT GUY
Gorgeous / Handsome – Your man will love you for this.
Hot Stuff – You always think about him.
Good Looking – This needs nothing else to say.
Heartbreaker – This man knows how to attract ladies.
Irresistible – No woman can say no, your man will love this one.
Lover Boy – This is for those wussy love types.
Ladies Man – You can’t trust him with the ladies.
Amazing – When your man is simply amazing.
Perfect / Mr. Perfecto – He is always good and awesome in the things he does.
Lady Killer – For those guys who love to play with ladies.
Prince Charming – He can charm almost anybody with his smile.
Playboy – He loves to play with the ladies and knows how to make them wet.
Romeo – For those perfect lovers!
Sexy / Sexy Man / Sexy Dork – For those cute, shy but sexy guys.
Movie Star – He looks and acts like a movie star.
Stud – For those boys who can do wonders in bed.
Mr. Perfect – As stated above, perfect is perfect.
Rocketman – This is for those who have a rocket in their pants.
Hottie – Hottie is for every attractive man.
Rider – OMG, you will love to let him …. you.
NICKNAMES FOR A BEST FRIEND
Righty / Lefty – Because you never know, whether he is right-or-left handed, right?
Amigo – Amigo is your new best friend.
Duck – Like a duck, you two are the best friends ever.
Wire – Because every device has a wire.
Granite – Your friendship is as strong as ever.
Proton – Proton is meant to a faithful friend forever, like a proton.
Bud / Buddy / Buds – Because your best friend is your Buddy!
Dumpling – Ah dumpling, something for a little bit chubby friend.
Ace – Because this guy knows how to handle anything.
Neo – Like a Neo from Matrix – super cool!
Fox – This is for one cunning best friend.
Biscuit – Sweet as ever, even for a guy!
Skittles – Because you have to have more of them, right?
Cadillac – The best car ever, the best friend ever out there.
Dementor – EXPECTO PATRONUM!
Gordo – A weirdo who is faithful as ever.
Captain – Captain, where shall we go?
Pickles – There is nothing wrong with pickles, but it’s not cool.
Enigma – This is for one hell of an intelligent dude.
Buckeye – He has cute brown eyes that can see everything!
ATTITUDE PET NAMES FOR THAT SPECIAL GUY
Untamed – Because he is always crazy and hard to control.
Ultimate – He ill love this pet name as it tells how he needs to be the best ever.
Unstoppable – No one can stop him in the way he chooses.
Daring – Because he is masculine and fears no “enemy”.
Firecracker – Because his manners are mad and he easily gets mad.
Frozen Fire – Very cute way to call a guy who is always quiet but still hot tempered.
Mr. Exotic – Because his personal qualities are unique and unusual.
Deep Water – He is always calm and dreamy as deep waters.
Psycho – Great nickname for a guy who has a loose temper.
Lightning Ball – Because he gets annoyed and calms down in a second.
Iceman – Because he is always cool and calm in every situation.
Dreamer – Perfect for a guy who is always daydreaming.
Combustion – Ideal pet name for a guy whose temper is explosive.
Lifeline – If he is the one who always saves you in any bad situation.
Misty Eyes – Perfect for a melancholic guy who lives in his own world.
Book Worm – A great pet name for a “know-it-all” guy who loves to read a lot.
Destiny – Because he has a feeling that he has been destined to do something great.
Dear Heart – If he is a very caring guy you need to call him “Dear Heart”.
Emperor – Because he always loves to rule and command everyone.
Bloodbath – Perfect for a guy who is strong and always finds a solution in a physical confrontation.
The ULTIMATE List of 150+ Cute Nicknames for Boys
1. Angus – Great for boys who are strong and beefy.
2. Amore Mio – Italian for “my love”.
3. Agapi-mou – Greek for “my love”.
4. Angel – A perfect choice for angelic boyfriends.
5. Babe – The classic nickname for guys.
6. Baby Cakes – A cute take on the classic “babe” nickname. Bonus points if he likes cake (who doesn’t?).
7. Bad Boy – The ideal choice for rebels and all-around bad boys.
8. Bear – For the big and strong guys who are sweet and soft in the middle.
9. Big Guy – For tall or big guys. This name will feed his ego.
10. Boo – Another classic pet name, but still a favorite.
11. Boobear – An adorable take on the classic “boo” nickname. Great for big guys.
12. Candy – The perfect name for the man who is as sweet as candy.
13. Casanova – If he’s charming and sweeps you off your feet, this is the perfect nickname for him.
14. Captain – An unusual but charming nickname for guys who like to take charge – or love sailing.
15. Charming – A great name for the guy who knows all the right things to say to sweep you off your feet.
16. Chief – For the guy who likes to take charge, chief is a great nickname.
17. Cowboy – For the rugged and wild man. Cowboy is always a classic choice that guys love.
18. Romeo – For the charmer who loves to whisper sweet nothings in your ear.
19. My Prince – If your man treats you like a princess, calling him “my prince” is a fitting name.
20. Cutie Pie – If he’s a cutie, this is the perfect pet name for him.
21. Dearie – A great pet name for the guy who doesn’t like “cutesy” nicknames.
22. Darling – Another classic pet name for the one you love.
23. My Everything – If he means the world to you, this is the right nickname for him.
24. Foxy – For the guy who gets you going and is smoking hot.
25. Firecracker – For the guy who’s unpredictable, exciting and explosive at times.
26. Gorgeous – If your man is gorgeous, don’t be afraid to tell him.
27. Hercules – For the guy who is strong and courageous.
28. Gumdrop – The perfect nickname for the guy who is sweet enough to eat.
29. Honey – For the guy who is as sweet as honey.
30. Honey Buns – For the guy with sweet buns!
31. Hot Stuff – If he’s too hot to handle, this is the right pet name for him.
32. Hun – A classic pet name, but a cute one.
33. Jellybean – For the guy who is sweet and brings a smile to your face.
34. Knight in Shining Armor – For the gallant guy who’s chivalrous and always rescues his damsel in distress (you).
35. Ladies Man – This name gets straight to the point. If the ladies love him, he’s definitely a Ladies Man.
36. Love Muffin – For the guy whose love you can’t get enough of.
37. Mr. Perfect – For the guy who makes you happy no matter what he does. A cheesy nickname, but one he’ll love.
38. My Love – A nickname that lets him know how much he means to you.
39. My World – Our hearts just melted with this one. A nickname like this is perfect for the guy who means the world to you.
40. Other Half – For the guy you just can’t live without. A great nickname for a guy you have been with for a long time or are always with.
41. Puppy – For the guy who follows you around like a lovesick puppy dog.
42. Robin Hood – A cute nickname for the guy who does the right thing.
43. Rockstar – A great pet name for musician boyfriends. Let him know that he’s the rockstar in your life.
44. Snuggle Bug – An adorable nickname for the guy you like to snuggle with.
45. Soul Mate – For serious couples who are positively head over heels in love.
46. Sugar Lips – For the guy with seriously kissable and sweet lips.
47. Sunshine – Because he brings light into your life.
48. One and Only – There’s no one else in the world for you. A great nickname for serious couples who are thinking of taking their relationship to the next level.
49. Stallion – For the manly man who makes you weak in the knees. Don’t forget to add in a little whistle when you call him this.
50. Teddy Bear – For the guy you love to cuddle and snuggle with.
51. Tough Guy – A pet name he’ll love. Perfect for guys who have a tough attitude.
52. Sweetie Pie – Because he’s as sweet as pie, isn’t he? While this name is a bit cheesy, he’ll still love being called “sweetie pie”.
53. Viking – Because he’s pillaged your heart. A great nickname for fans of the show, or guys who don’t like cheesy nicknames.
54. Tiger – For the guy who is a bit wild in the bedroom. Careful – he likes to pounce!
55. Handsome – A classic name, and one that he’ll love. This is a pet name that will work for any guy.
56. Hero – For the guy who always protects you and saves the day.
57. Hot Stuff – Because he’s so hot, he sizzles. This nickname is sure to bring out his devilish smile.
58. Hot Chocolate – Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? If he’s sinfully delicious, this is the perfect nickname.
59. Nibbles – Because you love to nibble on him.
60. Ouji – Means “Prince” in Japanese.
61. Papa Bear – For the guy you can always rely on.
62. Panda Bear – Because he’s cuddly, and guys like him are rare.
63. Popeye – For the sailor, or guy who likes to stay fit.
64. Yummy – Do we really need to explain?
65. Zorro – Because he’s sexy and mysterious.
66. Untamed – For the guy who is wild, free, and can’t be held down.
67. Goofy – Because he always makes you laugh. A great pet name for the silly guy.
68. Honey Bunch – For the guy who is too sweet to handle.
69. Love – Simple, classic and adorable.
70. My Beloved – A timeless nickname for the love of your life.
71. My King – Because he’s the only man who rules your heart.
72. Stud Muffin – A name he’ll love. A perfect choice for the man’s man.
73. Sugar Puff – Because he’s so sweet, you can’t stand it.
74. Zany – For the guy who is a little offbeat or eccentric.
75. Wuggle Bear – This name is so adorable, even he will say “aww”.
76. Yummy Bear – For the guy who is yummy and as cuddly as a bear.
77. WinkyDink – We’re not sure what this name means, but it’s so fun to say and absolutely adorable.
78. Wonderful – Because he’s the most wonderful man in the world.
79. Sweetie – A classic pet name that never gets old. He’s sweeter than sugar, so let him know it.
80. Good Lookin’ – A nickname to give him a little extra ego boost. Let him know how good he looks.
81. Hunk of Manmeat – A cute pet name that lets him know how sexy he is.
82. Sexy Devil – For the guy who is devilishly sexy. Use this nickname to let him know that you’re ready to take him to bed.
83. Sex Bomb – Because he’s so sexy, he’s dangerous. If he’s a manly man, this is a great nickname to let him know how sexy he is.
84. Champ – For the guy who never calls it quits or succeeds at everything he does. If he’s a brawny guy with a tough attitude, this is the right pet name for him.
85. Sweet Cheeks – A cute nickname for the guy with kissable cheeks – or a cute butt.
86. My Heart – A sweet pet name for the guy who has stolen your heart.
87. My Man – Simple and to the point. This pet name lets him know that he’s yours.
88. Superman – Because he always saves the day. A great nickname for guys who are comic book fans.
89. Pumpkin – An endearing pet name for a guy who is as round and cute as a pumpkin.
90. Dimples – A great nickname for guys with irresistible dimples.
91. Spanky – A silly pet name that will make him laugh and smile.
92. Chicken – In other parts of the world, women often call their men animal names, like “chicken” or “ducky” as a sign of endearment.
93. Woody – A cute variation of “cowboy”; refers to Woody from Toy Story.
94. Superstar – Let him know that he’s the star in your life.
95. Tarzan – For the guy who is rugged and strong.
96. Snookums – An adorable nickname, but one that may be too gushy for some guys.
97. Sexy Dork – Because he’s obviously sexy, but still a dork.
98. Sexy Man – It doesn’t get more straightforward than this pet name.
99. Snuggy – Because you love to snuggle with him.
100. Pudding Pop – Who doesn’t love pudding pops? This pet name is great for guys with a sweet tooth, or who are just too adorable for words.
101. Pookie Bear – This nickname is so cute it hurts.
102. Oreo – Because he’s as sweet and delicious as the cookie.
103. Nutty – For the guy who can get a bit crazy at times.
104. Marshmallow – Because he’s as tasty as these yummy treats.
105. Lady Killer – For the guy who breaks hearts. This is one pet name he won’t mind being called.
106. Kissy Face – Because he has such a kissable face.
107. Jelly Bear – A combination of jelly beans and bears. Great for guys who are big, strong and sweet.
108. Iron Man – Great for guys who need an ego boost. Men love superhero nicknames, and it’s hard to beat Iron Man.
109. Hot Stuff – Because he makes you sweat.
110. Heartbreaker – Another pet name that will give him a little confidence boost.
111. Hunk – Because he’s the hottest guy you know. Let’s face it – all guys want to be called “hunk”.
112. Favorite – Because he’s definitely your favorite person.
113. G-Man – Stands for “Gorgeous Man,” and he certainly is gorgeous, isn’t he?
114. Eye Candy – What man wouldn’t want to be called “eye candy”?
115. Daddy – Some men loved to be called “daddy” or “papi”.
116. Darlin’ – An old nickname, but adorable nonetheless.
117. Wonder Boy – Because he’s sweet and strong.
118. Sweetums – He may not like to be called this in public, but he won’t mind being told how sweet he is when you two are alone together.
119. Yankee – For guys who are fans of baseball.
120. Snapper – A cute nickname for guys with short tempers.
121. Sparkie – Because he lights a spark in your heart.
122. Sexy Pants – A silly but adorable nickname for that sexy guy in your life.
123. Quirky – Because he’s a bit odd, but that’s what you love about him.
124. Quake – For the guy who makes the earth tremble when he looks at you.
125. Omega – A unique nickname for the guy who is your end all be all; your world.
126. Mi Amour – Means “My Love” in Spanish.
127. Looker – Let him know how good looking he is.
128. Bee’s Knees – Because he’s the best thing around.
129. Better Half – A great nickname for couples, the guy you have been with for years. Let him know that he’s your better half.
130. Cookie – Because he’s as sweet and delicious as this much-loved treat.
131. Cuddlebug – The perfect pet name for the guy who likes to cuddle.
132. Dumpling – Everyone loves dumplings. Let him know how delicious he is.
133. Flame – For the guy who lights a fire in your heart.
134. McDreamy – A cute nickname for dreamy guys.
135. Mr. Cutie – For guys who are so cute, you can’t call them anything else.
136. My Sweet Boy – May be too gushy for some guys, but a sweet pet name nonetheless.
137. Pooh Bear – Referring to Winnie the Pooh. An adorable pet name for cuddly guys.
138. Slick – For the smooth guy.
139. Sexiness – Because he’s the epitome of sexiness.
140. Treasure – A cute nickname for a guy you treasure.
141. Cinnamon – For guys who are extra sweet.
142. DaddyMack – For manly men who like to be called “daddy”.
143. Snickerdoodle – Like the cookie, he’s just as sweet and delicious.
144. Boy Toy – If he doesn’t mind you taking control, he might like being called your “boy toy”.
145. Bright Eyes – For guys with dreamy, beautiful eyes.
146. Bad Kitty – Because sometimes he can be a little naughty.
147. Kit Kat – A cute nickname for guys who love the candy of the same name, or are incredibly sweet.
148. Lemon Drop – Because he’s sweet, but can sometimes be sour.
149. Love Bug – This nickname is too cute for words.
150. Merlin – For guys who are fans of magic. Let him know that he put a spell on you.
151. Babysaurus – An adorable take on the classic “baby” pet name.
152. Main Man – Because there’s no other man for you.
153. Don Juan – He’s a Casanova who has swept you off your feet.
154. True Love – Because he’s your one and only true love.
3 Best Ideas to Choose The Perfect Nickname for Him
- Choose a nickname that means something to you! – Do you two love to do something together? Do you have a favorite movie? A sentimental nickname is more meaningful.
- Know his personality! – If he’s not okay with mushy nicknames – even in private – stick to the classics, like “babe” or “hun”. Manly pet names may work, like “stud” or “stallion”.
- Embrace inside jokes! – The inside jokes the two of you share are a great place to start when choosing a nickname. You don’t have to choose a cliché name. Find something that’s unique to the two of you.
You might want to read as well:
9 More Tips How to Come Up with the Perfect Nickname
There are a lot of different reasons as to why you may want a nickname. It could be that your birth name is long, difficult to pronounce, or even just boring.
Your social circle could have multiple people with the same name, and you think it would be best if there were an easy way to differentiate between them all. Or it could simply be that you do not like the sound of your name.
Whatever your reason for thinking up a new nickname for yourself, or for others, here are a few more tips to help you come up with something that works.
Tip #1: Base It Off Your First Name
Using only the first two syllables of your name is a popular choice. An example of this is Jennifer, turning into Jenny.
This is a pretty basic idea and is actually something that a lot of people do without even realizing. If you are changing schools or starting a new job, this can be the perfect time to try out this new nickname.
Because of how close it is to your actual name, it will be a lot easier to adjust, as it will sound similar to what you have been used to being called.
Tip #2: Base It Off A Different Syllable In Your First Name
Again, this is another method that a lot of people do without even realizing. This is almost the same as the method above, except you either use the middle or last syllable as your starting point.
This turns names like “Elizabeth” into “Beth”, and “Frederik” into “Rick”.
You don’t have to be conventional, though, and you can still make up unique nicknames by doing this method. An example would be calling yourself Fina, rather than Josie, if your name was Josefina.
Tip #3: Traditional Diminutives
A lot of traditional English names have nicknames associated with them that were established due to fads in the past.
Such names include “Dick” from “Richard”, “Bill” from “William”, “Hank” from “Henry”, and “Ted” from “Edward”.
Tip #4: Consider Using A Middle Name
It’s common for people to have at least one middle name on their birth certificate. If you aren’t a fan of your first name, using one of your middle names can be a great alternative.
It’s quite normal for people to do this.
Don’t feel that people are going to be raising alarm bells if they find out. In fact, it’s also quite common for people to introduce themselves as their first and second name, rather than their first and last.
Tip #5: Using Your Surname
Using your last name as a nickname is quite common between male social circles, although that doesn’t mean that it can’t apply to women either.
This type of nickname can often happen by accident when there are too many people in an office, class or social circle with the same name.
This can also be a good idea if your first name is difficult to pronounce or very long, and if your surname is simple.
Tip #6: Use Your Initials
Using the first two initials of your name can sometimes make a catchy sounding nickname. For example, if someone was called “Mark Katherine” they could shorten it to “MK”, or “Timothy Jacobs” to “TJ”.
It’s important to note is that not all initial combinations can work as a nickname, as it is crucial that the sound rolls off of the tongue.
Tip #7: Make An Anagram Out Of Your Name
An anagram is where you rearrange the letters of a word, or words, in order to create a new one. You’ll find that making an anagram out of your name will produce some pretty silly results.
However, it’s still an option to consider. It’s certainly a good conversation starter though, if you choose something a little unusual.
Tip #8: Consider Personal Characteristics
A lot of nicknames are drawn from personal characteristics or events that have happened. If someone was really into fashion their nickname could be “Vogue”, or if they were originally from California they could be named “Cali”.
Other variations include ironic adjectives.
Calling your friend John who is six foot seven “Little John” or “Tiny John” can be an amusing and catchy nickname. Hopefully, John has a good sense of humor, though.
Tip #9: Things To Avoid When Creating Nicknames
The nickname must not be extravagant. Trying to introduce yourself regularly as “The Lover Maker” will not only make people avoid you, but it definitely will not catch on.
Don’t constantly correct people just because they forgot to use your nickname.
Nobody likes being around the guy who’s regularly getting annoying at people because they forgot to call him “Terminator Tim”, or something. Forcing a nickname is a good way of getting people not to use it in the future.
Nicknames are supposed to be a fun and casual thing, so getting worked up about it will make people alienate you.
If you are creating a nickname for somebody other than yourself, make sure that you are being kind.
Nicknames are supposed to express affection and friendship and are not designed to aid in hurting their feelings, or to open the doors up to bullying. Even if you think the name is fine, ensure that the person you’ve made it for is okay with it.
If you are unsure by gauging the reaction after you’ve used it, make sure that you ask them if it bothered them.
If your nickname is difficult to remember or laborious to pronounce, then it’s a no-go.
Most good nicknames that stick with people are short and snappy. Always stick to nicknames that are low in syllables and easy to spell.
A good nickname ideally should be a lot simpler to write and say than your actual name.
If you feel that your nickname is inappropriate, you will probably want to think of a new one.
Successful nicknames are ones that can be said appropriately in any situation. “Sexy Steve” may be funny to you and your friends, but it’s unlikely you will be introducing yourself as that when meeting your partner’s parents for the first time.