NICKNAMES FOR YOUR GIRL BEST FRIEND
CHOOSE ONE FROM THE LIST BELOW:
BFF (Best Friend Forever)
GF (Great Friend)
Friend of Life / F4L
B (Short of B!tch)
UF (Ultimate Friend)
Sweet ‘n Sour
BIFF (Best Internet Friend Forever)
Mama Long Legs
F2TE (The Friend to The End)
50+ ADDITIONAL NAMES TO CALL HER
1. Gorgeous – This is a name that is evergreen. Calling a woman gorgeous is always a good nickname.
2. Cute Pie – A name for the girl that is cute and sweet as pie.
3. Darling – A timeless name to call her at any age.
4. Cuddle Bug – The perfect name to call her when cuddling together and watching a movie.
5. Honey Bunch – Nothing is sweeter than honey, except your woman.
6. Bubble Butt – This is self-explanatory, but be careful: she may get mad.
7. Sweet Little Dumpling – A woman with a curvy figure that likes to show off her curves will appreciate this one.
8. Fruit Loop – A playful name that should be used with caution.
9. Kitten – Playful, cute and sweet describes her – and a kitten, of course.
10. Doll Face – Beautiful and flaw-free is what doll face means.
11. Angel Eyes – The eyes of an angel are something that every girl strives for, but they are meant only for your special lady.
12. Babe – A babe means a girl that is beautiful, so it describes her perfectly.
13. Dreamboat – She’s a boat filled with dreams.
14. Pancakes – A pet name with no real meaning.
15. Pet – Cute and cuddly just like she is.
16. Love of my Life – More of a beautiful saying than a real nickname.
17. Lover Girl – Old fashioned and cute. This is a great name that isn’t too mushy but still hits the right chords with any girl.
18. Honey Bunny – Sweet as honey, and cuddly and cute like a bunny.
19. Sweetheart – Your girl has a sweet heart, so remind her of it often.
20. Pumpkin – There is no real meaning to this name, but it is often used among couples.
21. Queen – She is the queen of your heart, so don’t let her forget it.
22. Juliet – The ideal name for the romantic. After all, you get to be Romeo.
23. Daisy – Bright as the sun, and delicate as a flower.
24. Happiness – She is what happiness means to you.
25. Boo – A new nickname that is adoring.
26. Button – Cute and small like a button.
27. Angel – There is no girl in the world that wouldn’t want to be called an angel.
28. Magic – A personal nickname that often relates to how you see her – like magic.
29. Donut – The choice for someone that is sweet and round.
30. Summer – Bright and radiant like the summer sun.
31. Bub – Gender neutral. Bub is the name to use when you are very comfortable being with her.
32. Diamond – Pure perfection with a smile that can rival even the world’s most beautiful jewel: a diamond.
33. Cinnamon – The girl that is so sweet and so good that the only word to call her is a spice often found in cakes and cinnamon buns.
34. Wifey – If she means a lot to you and you plan on getting married, “wifey” is a good choice.
35. Cinderella – The princess of your heart.
36. Hot-stuff – When she is looking hot and sexy, let her know with this nickname.
37. Sunshine – The light of your life and the warmth of your world.
38. Doodle Bug – If she is a painter or someone that likes to draw, you may call her “doodle bug.”
39. Cutie Patootie – An affectionate name for someone that is as cute as a button.
40. Flower Child – Meant for a woman that is a flower child: a person that loves the earth and wants nothing but peace.
41. Precious – A person so valuable that you never want them to leave.
42. Hot Mama – Another funny name to use when she is looking her best.
43. Bright Eyes – Eyes that are bright and beautiful deserve a fitting nickname, such as bright eyes.
44. Cookie – So sweet and good that you just want to eat her all up.
45. My All – If she means everything to you, this is the perfect name for her.
46. Lucky Charm – Does she bring you luck wherever you go? If so, she may just be your “lucky charm.”
47. Dream Girl – Is she the girl of your dreams? Of course, she is so you should tell her whenever you call her name.
48. Butterfly – The girl that has had a beautiful transformation in life.
49. Charming – If she is sweet and charming, you can tell her so.
50. Lamb – Sweet and undeniably cute.
READ FOR MORE INSPIRATION
NICKNAMES FOR YOUR GUY BEST FRIEND
CHOOSE ONE FROM THE LIST BELOW:
Brother from Another Mother
That Double Trouble Friend
The Famous Captain America
50+ CUTE NICKNAMES FOR GUYS
1. Angus – Great for boys who are strong and beefy.
2. Amore Mio – Italian for “my love”.
3. Agapi-mou – Greek for “my love”.
4. Angel – A perfect choice for angelic boyfriends.
5. Babe – The classic nickname for guys.
6. Baby Cakes – A cute take on the classic “babe” nickname. Bonus points if he likes cake (who doesn’t?).
7. Bad Boy – The ideal choice for rebels and all-around bad boys.
8. Bear – For the big and strong guys who are sweet and soft in the middle.
9. Big Guy – For tall or big guys. This name will feed his ego.
10. Boo – Another classic pet name, but still a favorite.
11. Boobear – An adorable take on the classic “boo” nickname. Great for big guys.
12. Candy – The perfect name for the man who is as sweet as candy.
13. Casanova – If he’s charming and sweeps you off your feet, this is the perfect nickname for him.
14. Captain – An unusual but charming nickname for guys who like to take charge – or love sailing.
15. Charming – A great name for the guy who knows all the right things to say to sweep you off your feet.
16. Chief – For the guy who likes to take charge, chief is a great nickname.
17. Cowboy – For the rugged and wild man. Cowboy is always a classic choice that guys love.
18. Romeo – For the charmer who loves to whisper sweet nothings in your ear.
19. My Prince – If your man treats you like a princess, calling him “my prince” is a fitting name.
20. Cutie Pie – If he’s a cutie, this is the perfect pet name for him.
21. Dearie – A great pet name for the guy who doesn’t like “cutesy” nicknames.
22. Darling – Another classic pet name for the one you love.
23. My Everything – If he means the world to you, this is the right nickname for him.
24. Foxy – For the guy who gets you going and is smoking hot.
25. Firecracker – For the guy who’s unpredictable, exciting and explosive at times.
26. Gorgeous – If your man is gorgeous, don’t be afraid to tell him.
27. Hercules – For the guy who is strong and courageous.
28. Gumdrop – The perfect nickname for the guy who is sweet enough to eat.
29. Honey – For the guy who is as sweet as honey.
30. Honey Buns – For the guy with sweet buns!
31. Hot Stuff – If he’s too hot to handle, this is the right pet name for him.
32. Hun – A classic pet name, but a cute one.
33. Jellybean – For the guy who is sweet and brings a smile to your face.
34. Knight in Shining Armor – For the gallant guy who’s chivalrous and always rescues his damsel in distress (you).
35. Ladies Man – This name gets straight to the point. If the ladies love him, he’s definitely a Ladies Man.
36. Love Muffin – For the guy whose love you can’t get enough of.
37. Mr. Perfect – For the guy who makes you happy no matter what he does. A cheesy nickname, but one he’ll love.
38. My Love – A nickname that lets him know how much he means to you.
39. My World – Our hearts just melted with this one. A nickname like this is perfect for the guy who means the world to you.
40. Other Half – For the guy you just can’t live without. A great nickname for a guy you have been with for a long time or are always with.
41. Puppy – For the guy who follows you around like a lovesick puppy dog.
42. Robin Hood – A cute nickname for the guy who does the right thing.
43. Rockstar – A great pet name for musician boyfriends. Let him know that he’s the rockstar in your life.
44. Snuggle Bug – An adorable nickname for the guy you like to snuggle with.
45. Soul Mate – For serious couples who are positively head over heels in love.
46. Sugar Lips – For the guy with seriously kissable and sweet lips.
47. Sunshine – Because he brings light into your life.
48. One and Only – There’s no one else in the world for you. A great nickname for serious couples who are thinking of taking their relationship to the next level.
49. Stallion – For the manly man who makes you weak in the knees. Don’t forget to add in a little whistle when you call him this.
50. Teddy Bear – For the guy you love to cuddle and snuggle with.
READ FOR MORE INSPIRATION
AWESOROO´S GUIDE TO PERFECT NICKNAME
AWESOROO´S GUIDE TO PERFECT NICKNAME
So you have problems picking the right nickname for the person you like? Do not worry as we have a lot of tips and tricks that will help you. However, before I will show you more detailed advice, here are some quick tips to keep in mind.
Choose a nickname that means something to you!
Do you two love to do something together? Do you have a favorite movie? A sentimental nickname is more meaningful than a general one that has no backstory behind it.
Know his or her personality!
If he or she is not okay with mushy nicknames – even in private – stick to the classics, like “babe” or “hun”. Classic manly pet names may work as well, like “stud” or “stallion”.
Embrace inside jokes!
The inside jokes the two of you share are a great place to start when choosing a nickname. You don’t have to choose a cliché name. Find something that’s unique to the two of you.
So, while keeping these basic tips in mind we provide you nine more detailed tips that will help you to come up with something that works.
#1. BASE IT OFF YOUR FIRST NAME
Using only the first two syllables of your name is a popular choice. An example of this is Jennifer, turning into Jenny.
This is a pretty basic idea and is actually something that a lot of people do without even realizing. If you are changing schools or starting a new job, this can be the perfect time to try out this new nickname.
Because of how close it is to your actual name, it will be a lot easier to adjust, as it will sound similar to what you have been used to being called.
#2. BASE IT OFF A DIFFERENT SYLLABLE IN YOUR FIRST NAME
Again, this is another method that a lot of people do without even realizing. This is almost the same as the method above, except you either use the middle or last syllable as your starting point.
This turns names like “Elizabeth” into “Beth”, and “Frederik” into “Rick”.
You don’t have to be conventional, though, and you can still make up unique nicknames by doing this method. An example would be calling yourself Fina, rather than Josie, if your name was Josefina.
#3. TRADITIONAL DIMINUTIVES
A lot of traditional English names have nicknames associated with them that were established due to fads in the past.
Such names include “Dick” from “Richard”, “Bill” from “William”, “Hank” from “Henry”, and “Ted” from “Edward”.
#4. CONSIDER USING A MIDDLE NAME
It’s common for people to have at least one middle name on their birth certificate. If you aren’t a fan of your first name, using one of your middle names can be a great alternative.
It’s quite normal for people to do this.
Don’t feel that people are going to be raising alarm bells if they find out. In fact, it’s also quite common for people to introduce themselves as their first and second name, rather than their first and last.
#5. USE YOUR SURNAME
Using your last name as a nickname is quite common between male social circles, although that doesn’t mean that it can’t apply to women either.
This type of nickname can often happen by accident when there are too many people in an office, class or social circle with the same name.
This can also be a good idea if your first name is difficult to pronounce or very long, and if your surname is simple.
#6. USE YOUR INITIALS
Using the first two initials of your name can sometimes make a catchy sounding nickname. For example, if someone was called “Mark Katherine” they could shorten it to “MK”, or “Timothy Jacobs” to “TJ”.
It’s important to note is that not all initial combinations can work as a nickname, as it is crucial that the sound rolls off of the tongue.
#7. MAKE AN ANAGRAM OUT OF YOUR NAME
An anagram is where you rearrange the letters of a word, or words, in order to create a new one. You’ll find that making an anagram out of your name will produce some pretty silly results.
However, it’s still an option to consider. It’s certainly a good conversation starter though, if you choose something a little unusual.
#8. CONSIDER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
A lot of nicknames are drawn from personal characteristics or events that have happened. If someone was really into fashion their nickname could be “Vogue”, or if they were originally from California they could be named “Cali”.
Other variations include ironic adjectives.
Calling your friend John who is six foot seven “Little John” or “Tiny John” can be an amusing and catchy nickname. Hopefully, John has a good sense of humor, though.
#9. THINGS TO AVOID WHEN CREATING NICKNAMES
The nickname must not be extravagant. Trying to introduce yourself regularly as “The Lover Maker” will not only make people avoid you, but it definitely will not catch on.
TAKE IT EASY
Don’t constantly correct people just because they forgot to use your nickname. Nobody likes being around the guy who’s regularly getting annoying at people because they forgot to call him “Terminator Tim”, or something.
Forcing a nickname is a good way of getting people not to use it in the future. Nicknames are supposed to be a fun and casual thing, so getting worked up about it will make people alienate you.
If you are creating a nickname for somebody other than yourself, make sure that you are being kind. Nicknames are supposed to express affection and friendship and are not designed to aid in hurting their feelings or to open the doors up to bullying.
Even if you think the name is fine, ensure that the person you’ve made it for is okay with it. If you are unsure by gauging the reaction after you’ve used it, make sure that you ask them if it bothered them.
SIMPLE IS BETTER
If your nickname is difficult to remember or laborious to pronounce, then it’s a no-go. Most good nicknames that stick with people are short and snappy. Always stick to nicknames that are low in syllables and easy to spell.
A good nickname ideally should be a lot simpler to write and say than your actual name.
CHOOSE APPROPRIATE NICKNAME
If you feel that your nickname is inappropriate, you will probably want to think of a new one. Successful nicknames are ones that can be said appropriately in any situation.
“Sexy Steve” may be funny to you and your friends, but it’s unlikely you will be introducing yourself as that when meeting your partner’s parents for the first time.
60 CUTE & NICE CAPTIONS FOR FRIENDS
1. “You’re the Betty to my Veronica.” [Or vice versa.]
2. “Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend.”
3. “Always better together. XX”
4. “Good friends are like snowflakes. All different and all beautiful.”
5. “Forever and Always.”
6. “Everything changes and nothing stays the same, but as we grow up, one thing does remain: I was with you before and will be until the end. Nothing could ever replace my best friend.”
7. “Sometimes, being with your best friend is all the therapy you need!”
8. “Good friends are like Stars. You don’t always see them but you know they will be with you forever.”
9. “Rain or Shine. I will be always here for you.”
10. “It’s the friends you can call at 4 a.m. that matter.”
11. “You are my sunshine on a rainy day.”
12. “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul!”
13. “I am lucky to have a friend like you!”
14. “Hard times will always reveal true friends.”
15. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”
16. “Friends become our chosen family!”
17. “I don’t know what I did to have a best friend like you.”
18. “A girl can survive without a boyfriend, but she can’t survive without a best friend.”
19. “Side by side or miles apart, real friends are always close to the heart.”
20. “Best friends believe in you when you don’t believe in yourself.”
21. “Best friends are the people in your life that make you laugh louder, smile brighter, and live better.”
22. “A best friend is someone who loves you when you forget to love yourself.”
23. “Once you are my friend, you are caught with me for life.”
24. “True friends tear out the sadness from your soul and seal it with smiles.”
25. “When it hurts to look back and you’re afraid to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.”
26. “From our first crush to our first beer, we somehow made it together.”
27. “You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you.”
28. “She is a like rainbow. Colorful, full of positivity and hope, beautiful and absolutely perfect.”
29. “Best friends are the people you can do anything and nothing with and still have the best time.”
30. “Friendship is a knot tied by angels’ hands.”
31. “Sometimes, being silly with a friend is the best therapy!”
32. “My mittens warm my hands… My friends warm my heart.”
33. “GOOD FRIENDS are hard to find, harder to leave and impossible to forget.”
34. “Looking forward to many, many more years of laughter, fun, and friendship—together!”
35. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
36. “No matter what happens some memories can never be replaced.”
37. “Side by side or miles apart, dear friends are always close to the heart.”
38. “FRIENDS help you see the sunshine through the rain.”
39. “Hell will be Heaven with Friends, Heaven will be Hell without them.”
40. “You are an amazing FRIEND who knows how to make my heart smile :)”
41. “Friends are the most important ingredient in the recipe called life.”
42. “A true friend sees the first tear, catches the second, and stops the third.”
43. “A true friend is someone who never gets tired of listening to your pointless dramas over and over again.”
44. “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”
45. “Many people will walk in and out of your life but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.”
46. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.”
47. “Everyone has a friend during each stage of life. But only lucky ones have the same friend in all stages of life.”
48. “Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.”
49. “Friends are like flowers, they add color to your life.”
50. “So blessed to have you in my life! Cheers to you, friend.”
51. “The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.”
52. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.”
53. “From childhood to our twenties, one person has always been there.”
54. “Real friends don’t tell you pretty lies. They tell you the ugly truth.”
55. “Don’t lie to people who trust you and don’t trust people who lie to you. Simple as that.”
56. “Friends pick us up when we fall down, and if they can’t pick us up they lie down and listen for a while.”
57. “Truly blessed by my best friend(s).”
58. “The one who doesn’t tell you what you want to hear but tells you what you need to hear… keep that.”
59. “The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.”
60. “You might not always be next to me, but I know you’ll always have my back.”